I’m working on shorthand system. It stated as persona research but now it’s one of my assignments.
There is very specific set of requirements I’m trying to meet:
- alphabetic shorthand
- easy to learn
- use excising muscle memory if possible
- visually unambiguous characters even when poorly written
- stroke should always end on the right side (can be mirrored for left-handed people)
- should be possible to use on smartphone by written characters using thumb and dedicated keyboard app
- most common letters will have the simplest characters
First sketch based on impressions rather than research. I was playing with shapes, testing how do they feel when written fast. Next steep will be matching shapes with real letters.
Most common letters (in Polish)